Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Servings: 8
1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
10 oz package frozen corn kernels (I used 2 cans of corn kernels)
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 packet taco seasoning (I used fajita seasoning)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder (If you are not a fan of super spicy food, go easy on the chili powder)
24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts (I did 6-7 chicken tenderloins, and I might do more next time)
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
chopped fresh cilantro
Combine everything in a slow cooker, placing the chicken on top last. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream.
All the good stuff about this recipe:
-Not expensive OR difficult to make
-There are 15 grams of protein per cup of beans...great way to get the protein but skip the saturated fat
-Beans are high in fiber and can help lower blood cholesterol
-Onion, tomato and chili peppers are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals
-Chicken...good source of lean animal protein
-It's a very filling meal! Eat less but feel fuller!
-My husband loved it so yours will too ;-)
Recipe from: http://redsie05.blogspot.com/2010/10/ww-crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili.html
Made this last night...you're right! It's super easy to make and it's very good! Especially with a little cheese, sour cream and avocado on top.
ReplyDelete